Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday

Strange porridge!

This morning the whole family slept in ... we didn't wake up until 9:30, and since Garpurs' playschool only serves breakfast
before 9:15, we had basically missed it.

There was a panic, Már had to rush to work, Garpur claimed that he was STARVING and that he didn't want to be dressed in
pajamas ALL DAY, and I had to rush down to the bathroom because I felt that otherwise my bladder could explode.

When things had calmed down (Már had gone to work and Garpur and I were dressed properly), we faced another crisis. We had
no milk!
I tried not to panic. I explained calmly to Garpur that this morning we were going to experiment by making oatmealporrige
with cream, and then eat it with cranberry-juice poured over it. I was so releaved when he accepted this and decided not
to make a big fuss about our little experimental breakfast.

The experiment went quite well I thought, we could only make a little bit of porrige, just enough for Garpur.
But when he was halfdone eating it, he stopped eating and looked kind of sheepish, like he wanted to say something but didn't
have the nerve to.
Finally he said "Mamma, I think I'd rather have this porrige when I'm grown up ... I feel so full right now".

I can't help laughing at the clever way he managed to get out of finishing his breakfast. He knows that it's best not to
insult mamma's cooking, but he really didn't like that this breakfast. Who can blame him?

I just hope that he gets a decent lunch at playschool today!

0 afskipti:

Post a Comment

<< Home