Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday

The Housewife

Since I don't have a project lined up for me for a while now, and a summer ahead that involves a lot of traveling for the family, I've decided to become a housewife for the summer, and have Úlfrún at home with me. This is the first time I actually decide to do housework in an organized manner. I've come to realize that being a housewife is considerably more difficult than I had imagined. For an instance, the work hours are crazy! A housewife never gets her guilt-free rest ... I work with Úlfrún playing around my feet, there are no coffee-breaks, meals are work because I'm feeding Úlfrún as well as myself, and as soon as she takes her nap in the day that's when I really fold up my sleeves and to use the time well to work. When evening comes, I'm still at work, cooking, cleaning, putting the kids to bed, etc. It isn't until I have karate practices that I can really take a break!

I heard some time ago, that out of a wide selection of professions, housewives are by far the hardest workers ... I believe that now!

2 afskipti:

At 6/03/2007, Blogger Begga said...

Það var nákvæmlega út af þessu sem ég upplifði aldrei fæðingar"orlofið" sem "orlof". Jú.. frí frá vinnu en bara ný, krefjandi verkefni í staðinn. Svo seinna fær maður að fara í vinnuna aftur en heimavinnan bara bíður eftir manni.
Hvað gerði ég eiginlega á daginn/kvöldin/um helgar áður en ég varð mamma ?!
Öfunda þig samt af því að vera heimavinnandi í sumar. Það er ofurhúsmóðir sem liggur í leyni inní mér og reynir að komast í ljós af og til.
Gaman að sjá að þú skulir vera farin að blogga reglulega aftur, ég fylgist með þér ;)
Húsmóðurkveðja,
Begga

 
At 7/05/2007, Blogger Ko-Leen said...

along this being the hardest workers, I think we have the longest hours, least pay (no pay really) and no real holidays. No benefits or sick days, pension? Dont even mention it.
But it has benefits like a happy and cared for family and you can not put a price on these things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home