Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday

I feel like I've won the mommy-lottey today

During the first week of our new routined family life, I've come to realize that the most difficult time of day for me as a mom is the afternoon. Especially if I take the kids home right after I've picked Garpur up from daycare. Then Úlfrún usually wakes up and needs attention, a new diapper and milk, and Garpur is used to this beeing our time together, where we play and read. To make things easier on myself, I've arranged things so that I can spend my afternoon with Garpur, by taking him to the library, to the park or on a walk, and meanwhile Úlfrún sleeps beautifuly in her kangaroo-bag on my stomache or in the pram.

Today I was lazy. It was snowing alot and when I came to the daycare to pick up Garpur, he was exausted after a hard day of playing. So I decided to take the chance and just take the kids home. Úlfrún was strapped onto me in her kangaroo-bag and I pushed Garpur home in his three-weeler-stroller. In the back of my head I thought "If things get to hard to handle, I'll just let Garpur watch a video" (bad mother, bad mother).

When I got home, much to my surprize, Garpur had fallen asleep ... this was not good, because usually Garpur will wake up and be grumpy if I try to take him upstairs and Úlfrún always needs my immediate attention when we get home. I decided to let Garpur sleep in his stroller while I'd take Úlfrún upstairs, give her all she needed and put her back to sleep (this can take an hour or two). I took Úlfrún upstairs took out of her bag and started undressing her ... once I was done, she was still sleeping. I couldn't beleive my luck! One kid down and one to go!

Then I went down to the basement to see how Garpur was doing. He was getting really hot and sweating in his wintercoat, so I decided to take him upstairs too. I carried him upstairs (he's 20 kilo's!), took of his shoes and coat, and carried him into the livingromm and lay him down in the sofa ... this is when he always wake up! But he didn't wake up.

So here I am, a mother of two sleeping children ... and I can't beleive my luck!!!

2 afskipti:

At 4/04/2006, Blogger Begga said...

Er ekki líka ótrúlegt hvað börn eru einstaklega falleg og þæg þegar þau eru sofandi ;)

 
At 4/04/2006, Blogger Kristína said...

Ó jú, og maður getur líka fyrirgefið þeim allt þegar maður horfir á þau sofa værum blundi .. þau breytast bara einhvernvegin í engla!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home