Body news
My body hasn't been very cooperative to me this year. It started off with the knee problem when I started practicing karate in the spring, then that got better during the summer, but then less than a week after we got home from Canada my back went.
My back hurt a little when I did certain moves, such as sit down, stand up, get up from a lying position etc. It gradually got worse and worse, until I could hardly move without feeling a lot of pain, just reaching for a pen was bad. Eventually I went to see my physiotherapist, she checked me out thoroughly. Her conclusion was that my right hipbone was loose, and had twisted forwards, away from the spine. I have gone to see her three times now, I'm doing stretching and strengthening exercises daily at home and I seem to be getting better. For a while I wasn't allowed to sit in deep positions, like in a car seat or on a couch, and I knelt at the dinner table and in front of the computer. Now I think it's just a matter of a few days before I'm back to normal.
This has completely thrown all the ideas I had, about doing a lot of exercising and getting into great shape, out the window. I'm registered to be practicing karate at least twice a week, and belly dancing at least once, and we just bought ourselves new bikes ... but maybe after the middle of October.
The important thing is that I'm getting better, it really sucks to have a malfunctioning body ... I'm valuing my good health much more now than I ever have before!



0 afskipti:
Post a Comment
<< Home